Follow Me

Instagram-- elenaswink Twitter-- @elenaswink Pinterest-- Elena Swink

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Easter Vacation Part 2!


I truly have never felt more alive these past couple of months...

Now that I'm settled back in my hall on campus and in the midst of studying for my exam, I can take a breather and share the rest of my travels with you! Picking up where I left off, Paris!

The first day I arrived we just walked around the area around the Seine. There I saw the Notre Dame from a distance and added a lock to the Love Lock Bridge, or the Pont de l'Archeveche.

            

                                    

                             

Over the course of the next couple of days we wondered around the Marais District, tried macaroons, visited the Arc de Triomphe and explored the streets of Paris. We also went inside the Notre Dame and witnessed a mass, and on the last night we watched the sunset at the Eiffel Tower and saw it being lit up! I can't think of a more majestic sight!!



Nearly all of the elevated sights offer a glimpse of the Eiffel Tower!











            


        


             

I got up at 4 AM on a Wednesday Morning to fly to Florence and visit a friend from Charleston who was study abroad there. The food and wine in Florence is by far the best I've had in my whole life. Between the fresh pasta, gelato, and variety of wine I was more than happy to gain weight while I was there. My friend took me to the II Duomo di Firenze, or the Cathedral of Florence, the Accademia where Michelangelo's David is exhibited, the Bobobi Gardens that are behind the Pitti Palace which housed the powerful Medici family for many generations, and the famous Ponte Vecchio!!
The Duomo:

Boboli Gardens with an amazing view of Florence:

                                   
Ponte Vecchio:

The architecture throughout the city was stunning! You can tell that the Renaissance occurred here just by looking at the structures. 








Something that I've started doing is drinking a Coke in each country I travel to, just to experience the difference in recipe. I've drank one from Mexico, America, the UK, France, Spain, and Italy. Italy's was by far the best Coca-Cola I've EVER had.






The last leg of my journey took me all the way up to Aberdeen, Scotland where my sister lives! My body might have slipped into shock the first two days I was there, I went from warm 70 degree weather to rainy 40 degree weather, it was insane. Nevertheless, I saw some beautiful views of the country!







The shores of their beaches are made of stone, not sand! It was so cool!


I took the train for the first time ever! It took me to London, and then I caught a bus up to Nottingham and came back to the university.


It is unbelievable how blessed I am to have experienced everything that my time here in the UK has consisted of. I'm leaving in about 3 weeks and I've made friends that I will never forget, memories that I'll cherish forever, and a new insight on the world. I am incredibly grateful for everyone who has been praying for me, supporting me, and believing in me. While I am ready to be home and reunited with my family, it will not be easy saying goodbye to this place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment